Tryout Registration NOW OPEN...
CLICK HERE to Register!
We have reached capacity in our primary tryout session and all registrations are for the Overflow session only - August 8, 4:30-6:00. Please note that final team offers will be made following the Overflow Session.
15-18U National & Regional(+) Team Tryouts
15 - 18U Team Tryouts
August 7 sessions closed (capacity full). Overflow session now open for all ages:
August 8, 2021; 4:30 - 6:00pm
Saint Mary's School, Raleigh
CLICK HERE to Register!
Additional Overflow / Supplemental Tryouts (as needed)
August 8th-21st (times TBD)
15-18U Regional teams may be added, based on demand.
NEW this year, Carolina Region USAV has permitted August tryouts. Given that many clubs in the region have pushed their tryouts to August, NC Elite will also offer August tryouts, in order to prevent players being put in difficult decision-making situations. NC Elite Volleyball Club supports all athletes who choose to play High School Volleyball. Early tryouts and all Fall training opportunities provided to these athletes will be OPTIONAL, and therefore should not interfere with High School commitments during the competitive High School season. Given our operational flexibility, we have the ability to accommodate athletes of all competitive levels, and those with challenging schedules. We will begin building our teams in August, and continue building throughout the remainder of the year, based on player demand. Please reach out to email@example.com with specific questions.
2022 tryouts and season planning are based on the assumption of a "traditional" club season, with full training and tournament / travel schedules. NC Elite is prepared to make any necessary adjustments as a result of changes in the local health situation, should that be necessary.
CLICK HERE for 2022 USAV Age Definitions
USAV/AAU membership are not required for tryouts. For operational purposes, please DONOT register USAV or AAU memberships until AFTER you receive/accept our team offer.
Additional Tryouts Information
What happens following tryouts?
1. Evaluation & Team Selection
NC Elite coaches and management will assess athlete skill, attitude, athleticism and potential to determine team selection and make player offers. We will work in the most efficient way possible to expedite making offers.
2. Offer Notification
Teams will be comprised of 9-11 full time players, plus additional training/practice players, as determined feasible. No more than 11 full time player offers will be outstanding at any given time. Offers will be made by contacting parents (listed as primary contacts in Sports Engine registration) via phone, text messaging, and/or email. Our goal is to update all players within 24 hours of the last tryout session in a specific age group (including supplemental tryout sessions). Please be patient as we work to make offers and updates as fast as possible. Also, if you know you will accept or decline an offer, please do so as soon as possible so we can offer more certainty to players who are still waiting.
3. Your Decisions
We request that you notify us of your decision(accept or decline) as soon as you have made your decision and within 48 hours of the offer being made so we can move forward with the team selection process and offer certainty to other players. Once you accept our offer, please notify other clubs and stop attending their tryouts to help make their process easier. If you accept an offer from another club or choose to decline our offer, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Official Signing with NC Elite
NC Elite season registration begins immediately following acceptance of an offer. Completed commitment, registration and first payment is due within 48 hours following email notification from NC Elite.
About NC Elite NATIONAL Teams
About NC Elite REGIONAL(+) Teams
About NC Elite REGIONAL Teams
***Please note that all pre-season training for National and Regional(+) teams is OPTIONAL. We encourage athletes to participate in High School volleyball, which should then be a priority during the competitive High School season. We anticipate no conflicts for athletes due to the early start of the 2021-2022 Club Volleyball season.
***All travel and associated costs will be the responsibility of each player / family. No team travel is provided by NC Elite.
Practice Player / Training Team Option
NC Elite is happy to offer again this year a training-only option for those players who would like to continue training outside of High School season, but may be unable to travel due to other commitments (e.g. multi-sport athletes, etc.). Tryouts are required for a training position so we can insure the best fit for the player and team. Please be sure to indicate in your tryouts registration if you are only interested in a practice player / training option. Costs will be posted with the season Program Guides (coming soon!).
15-18U Tryout Registration NOW OPEN... CLICK HERE to Register!
Tryouts will be closed to spectators to allow for efficient operations and to minimize distraction for athletes and staff.
Drop-off / Pick-up Procedures
1. Parents will not enter campus for drop-off. All players should be dropped off for training on College Place. Drop off will occur at GATE 6 on College Place (Saint Mary’s Campus Map). Drivers should drop off passenger side on the Saint Mary’s side of College Place and proceed to Saint Mary’s Street following drop off. No players should be dropped off on the street side opposite of Saint Mary’s School and cross the street. Please remember that College Place is a public street. All driving and parking laws should be followed and traffic, driveways or access gates should not be blocked for other vehicles.
2. Players should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to practice. Players should be on time in order to access campus.
3. Players should be picked up promptly at the end of practice on College Place at Gate 6.
4. Players driving themselves should utilize street parking on College Place, across the street from Saint Mary’s School.
COVID Screening and Procedures
1. Players and coaches should wash hands before leaving home and use hand sanitizer as exiting their vehicle. Hand sanitizer will be available on site for frequent use during the session.
2. All players and must complete the SMS health self-assessment (SMS COVID-19 Screening Form) within 4 hours of the scheduled session. If any player/coach answers "Yes" to questions 1 through 6, the player/coach is not eligible to attend the session. If any player/coach answers "Yes" to questions 7 or 8, please text the NC Elite main line (919) 473-6497 with name and brief explanation of the event prior to the session so participation eligibility can be considered.
3. All players/coaches will be asked upon arrival if they have passed the assessment and are eligible to participate.
4. All players and coaches must wear their mask covering their mouth and nose at all times, both indoors and outdoors.
[A suitable face-covering is comprised of two layers or more and made from a breathable and washable material. Masks not designed nor intended to prevent transmission of disease are forbidden. Furthermore, in order to maintain filtration effectiveness and avoid increased risk of contamination, masks should be cleaned and dried between each use. Regardless of an individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status or prior infection with COVID-19, a mask is required at all times.]
5. Every effort should be made by all participants to maintain a safe social distance (6’). This includes those individuals on the sidelines during warm-ups and competitive play.
6. Players and coaches should avoid high fives, huddles, and any unnecessary contact with teammates or opponents.
7. Players and coaches should report directly to Bacon Gym upon arrival to campus, and exit campus immediately following training.
8. Players and coaches must follow the Bacon Gym ingress and egress signs posted throughout the facility.
9. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, parents and other spectators are not permitted.
POST-EVENT CONTRACT TRACING - If a participant, coach or staff member tests positive or develops symptoms which later are found to be associated with COVID-19 infection within 72 hours of the conclusion of the event, NC Elite will initiate appropriate contact tracing. Within 72 hours of the conclusion of the event, should you either test positive or develop symptoms which are later found to be associated with COVID-19 infection please notify us at email@example.com.